Home > Quality Policy
Through continual improvement of the Quality Management system, Jindal Aluminium Ltd. renews its commitment to comply with the requirements of IS/ISO-9001:2008 to ensure reliable quality, at a competitive price and in turn, enhance customer satisfaction in the manufacture and supply of extrusions of aluminium & its alloys. Also aluminium sheets and rolled foils.
In order to accomplish this, the company strives:
- To detect and prevent any non-conformance during production and implement the means to prevent its recurrence.
- To upgrade technology and improve techniques, systems and procedures and to carry out continuous innovation to meet changing customers needs.
- To create most congenial and healthy working environment for attainment of quality goals with excellence.
- To develop highly motivated and skilled human resources imbued with strong sense of values and commitment to quality.
- To improve the quality of life of the communities living around us in particular and society in general by providing basic needs like health, water, education, etc.
|Quality – A Motto||HSB Certificate|
The above HSB Global Standard certificate gives the privilege to JAL to supply aluminium extrusions to any pressure vessel manufacturer in the world.
JAL strives to accomplish and maintain the finest quality of products in the industry. To achieve this purpose, Company utilizes :
- Ultra modern microprocessor based, PLC controlled extrusion press.
- Computerized Spectrometer for instant metal analysis.
- Computer aided die manufacturing facilities.
- Well equipped physical, chemical, mechanical and metallurgical testing laboratory and sophisticated R&D Division duly recognized by the Dept. of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
A full-fledged Quality Assurance and Technical Service Department established within the JAL premises, along with its state-of-the-art equipments, takes care of the metal analysis, mechanical testing, metallographic examination and other studies. Some of the contemporary tools used are:
- Computerized Direct Reading Optical Emission Spectrometer.
- Carl Zeis Microscope.
- Computerized Tensile Testing Machine.
- Hardness Testing Equipments.
- Automatic Profile Measuring Systems.
- Electrical Conductivity Meter.
- Straightness Checking Facility.
- Hardness Tester.
- Ultrasonic Testing Equipment and many more.
The proprietary "Jindal" Logo along with the four digit lot number imprinted on all the architectural and heavier sections ensures traceability and individual product identity. Each lot number has a distinct data sheet attached to it at the production end, from where the product details such as its chemical composition, manufacturing date, alloy, die number and the staff responsible for the lot can be identified.
Once the Quality Assurance Dept. gives clearance, the product is sent through an automatic packing conveyor that ensures online spiral wrapping with stretch wrapping film, weighing, packing it in PP woven fabric and finally strapping in PP and also in wooden boxes according to the customer's requirement.
The computerized Bar Code label attached to each package indicates details such as the section number, bundle number, bundle weight, number of pieces, lot number etc. for accountability and traceability.
The modes of packing are customized as per the customer’s requirements and the entire packaging process is automated and done online.
JAL can offer sea worthy customized packing as per customer’s requirement for its international customers including in wooden box, crates, on movable trollies for easy unloading or as required. Wood used for packing is seasoned and fumigated as per ISPM standard.